"Why is Coco Orange?" Picture Book
Coco has a problem. He’s a chameleon, but he can’t change colors, and his asthma is acting up. Read how Coco and his friends at Lizard Lick Elementary solve this mystery as they learn about air quality and how to stay healthy when the air quality is bad. This book is for all children, especially those with asthma, and their caretakers. Ages 4-8.
To view "Why Is Coco Orange? online or print, click on the picture at left. To assemble the printed pages, print "landscape" and "double-sided" and staple the pages on the left side.
¿Por qué Coco es de color naranja? Read the book in Spanish.
Watch on YouTube
Order WHY IS COCO ORANGE? directly via EPA'sNational Service Center for Environmental Publications web site:
- Search for the book at NSCEP using item number 456K19001. NOTE: The item number is also needed to place the order.
- Quantities are limited due to the popularity of the book.
- Individuals may order one copy each.
- Schools and libraries may order up to 30 copies each.
- Schools: Please note that the Coco book has a call number, and can be shelved in your school library.
- Non-profit organizations, and State and local governments may order up to 50 copies.
- Larger numbers are approved on a case-by-case basis.
Your publication requests can also be mailed, called or faxed directly to:
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
National Center for Environmental Publications (NSCEP)
P.O. Box 42419
Cincinnati, Ohio 45242-0419
Phone (800) 490-9198
Fax (301) 483-8659
Please refer to EPA Document Number 456K19001 when ordering.
You may need a PDF reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.