The AirNow-International (AirNow-I) Community is a network of agencies and international organizations interested in sharing and disseminating real-time air quality data and information. The AirNow-I community is administered by the U.S. EPA and its main focus is to provide users of the AirNow-I and systems alike a way to connect, collaborate and share knowledge. AirNow-I was developed to meet the needs of international countries, regions and cities committed to make available real-time air quality information to their citizens and decision makers. The AirNow-I system builds off of the AirNow system that has been used in the U.S. for over 15 years.
The AirNow-I community goals are:
- Provide tools and information to advance air quality management worldwide
- Collaborate on the development and enhancement of air quality tools
- Make advances in air quality and forecasting knowledge and applications
- Build a community of people and organizations that share knowledge and expertise
To accomplish these goals, the AirNow-I community provides you with:
- Regular updates of community activities and system enhancements
- Access to community technical support where "everyone shares" technical expertise and solutions
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with other members in joint projects and in the development of future applications and system revisions
- Online regularly scheduled and ad hoc "special topics" community meetings (webinars)
Who benefits from this community?
- Organizations interested in the installation of the AirNow-I or parts of it.
- Organizations interested in data sharing and collaboration in air quality and forecasting tools, sharing technical expertise and resources and/or interested in joint research and development opportunities.
- Organizations or individuals supportive of air quality dissemination efforts and wanting to learn more about AirNow-I and its tools.