Partners - For state, local and tribal agencies
11/13 The new AirNow Application Programming Interface (at AirNowAPI.org) replaces AirNow Gateway web services, including file outputs and RSS data feeds. AirNow API allows software developers, researchers, the media, and the public to retrieve air quality forecasts and data in real time. AirNow Gateway users can use their existing login information for access.
9/18/13: Additional AirNow-Tech updates and bug fixes were deployed and include:
- The return of fully functional email reports, including AQI reports
- A fix for the issue with displaying daily maximum 8-hour ozone on Data Query page
- A redesigned GeoEditor ZIP Code selection tool
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
- Current Ozone and Particle Maps - major city AQI data listed by state
- NOAA's National Weather Service national air quality forecast capability
- NOAA Forecast Maps - The NOAA map is the output numerical photochemical model that creates a gridded file for the entire United States. This is different from the AirNow maps, which are the output of data provided from our participating State and local agencies.
- Twitter feed
- Facebook page
- AirNow app
- AirNow widget
- AirNow images - Download Images
- Airshare - Air Quality Communicator's Home Page
- Guidelines for Developing an Air Quality (Ozone and PM2.5) Forecasting Program ( PDF, 126pp., 1.47MB)
- Why is Coco Orange? - picture book about the Air Quality Index:
- EnviroFlash Toolkit - helps state and local EnviroFlash partners market and promote the system. The toolkit includes business card templates and public service announcements, including four radio PSAs.
- AIRNow Publications
EPA's Burn Wise is a partnership program that emphasizes the importance of burning the right wood, the right way, in the right wood-burning appliance to protect your home, health, and the air we breathe.
- School Flag Program:
EPA's School Flag Program helps children, parents, school personnel and the community be aware of daily air quality conditions using brightly colored flags.